Sunday, July 18, 2010

Independence Day Celebrations

Utah Symphony at Sundance

We went up to Sundance for a patriotic concert by the Utah Symphony. It was so fun! They played a few patriotic songs, but it was mostly a tribute to American music. What a great way to start out the weekend.




Playing Uno during the 20 MINUTE intermission. I just feel that that was excessive, but oh well. We had fun playing games and chatting...we even had to get some hot chocolate because it was chilly in the mountains.




Stadium of Fire

Jess and I had a great time at Stadium of Fire on Saturday. We spent most of the day just hanging out and planning our weekend. We also spent some time outside in our pool...yes, we have a pool. Small, but still.



Jess was being funny and once we looked at the picture it looked like someone was punching her...but don't worry, its her own fist.


The sunset was beautiful. I wish I was a better photographer and had a better camera to capture the beauty. I love sunrise and sunset!



We also got to see Carrie Underwood! Fabulous! I wish she would have sang some of her newer stuff, but I just LOVE her. She was a fun entertainer and sounded great!


Here is a bad recording of part of her singing Some Hearts. Enjoy!



Sunday, July 4


When Jess and I got home from Stadium of Fire, we planned our outfits for Sunday, yes we coordinated. I think we represented the flag quite well, don't you? And yes, we do have matching shoes :)


So I got this tiny Harley Davidson grill from the Hampton Inn because I work with them for work. Never used it until Sunday July 5 when Jess and I had our own BBQ. It was an adventure, but worked.



This past week


This is not during that weekend, but I babysat my nieces and nephews this past week and Lia was just so darn cute, I couldn't resist.



Also not 4th of July weekend, but figured I had to keep this current, so here is a program from this past Friday. Mary and I went to the Pioneer Commemoration with the MOTAB. We learned so much about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They had little clips that showed how far they have come since 1910 when they were organized, and all of the amazing work they did with early recordings. They are so wonderful. It was such a fun night!

No comments: