Sunday, October 23, 2011

Portland - Week 2


Things that I've realized in week 2:
1. My life is still the same as it was before. I work, I go to church, I go to FHE (although now its called HEG), I go to ward activities. But its nice to be in a new atmosphere with new faces.
2. Although I like my new place, I miss my family and friends.
3. I'm still me.


So the highlights this week are a trip to the temple for a session, beautiful fall leaves, and the Tualatin Fall Festival.


I love going to the temple. That has not changed. It is definitely smaller, smallest session I've ever been in, but still the same. Thankfully :) There is so much peace and joy felt there.





I love the bright red/pink color of these leaves! Its one of my favorite fall colors. It looked so great next to the bright green grass. Thank you moisture!








As you will see in the pictures below, we watched people race around the lake in PUMPKINS! Not kidding. Huge pumpkins were carved out and they got inside and raced around the lake like they were in a kayak...a VERY large, VERY heavy, ORANGE kayak. It was AMAZING! So fun to watch. It was perfect weather (no rain) and I had a lot of fun.



Not my favorite picture of me, but check out that pumpkin! Seriously huge!



This was the cutest thing ever. This boy was so excited to meet Superman "for real." He was just awe struck. I think I caught the perfect moment :)




This was the 2nd heat. The Tualatin Fire and Rescue vs. The Army Corp. It was a relay and yes they are really inside a pumpkin!



The Army Corp won for the third year in a row. But it was amazing that any of them were able to do that. One man did go overboard, but swam pushing his pumpkin the whole way. Now that is determination and endurance.

3 comments:

Kalie said...

Those leaves are absolutely amazing. It is fantastic what a little water will do. Our leaves are great, but fade to a sad brown pretty quickly. If only it would rain :D And the pumpkins look pretty fun. We talked about carving out one of our larger pumpkins so Tess could sit inside, but she vetoed that idea :D Love the update!

Shannon Powell said...

Looks sooooooo beautiful! I wish we could come see you. We are going to Vegas for Thanksgiving. You wouldn't happen to be going too?!? Miss you so much Whitney! We think of you often! XOXO Love you!
~Shannon

the blonde potato said...

Wow that is amazing they are in giant pumpkins! Sounds like quite a sight. Thanks for the update and birthday wishes - you are awesome!!